All services provided are tailored to provide optimal medication outcomes, to reduce hospital readmissions, to contain costs, and improve quality assurance measures.
Care Transition Program
Care Transition, along with increased observation, reduces the risk for readmission and improves quality assurance and positive outcomes. HomeTown Pharmacy’s Care Transition Program creates a safe and smooth transition for loved ones and their families.
- 30-day supply of medications delivered to the facility before discharge with medication information
- Pharmacy follow-up within 48 hours of discharge and after physician appointment
- Medication questions? Contact our friendly on-call pharmacy support.
- Specialized local billing staff available to ensure accurate billing
- Provide medication administration records for easy tracking
24/7 Pharmacy Hours
The pharmacy is open Monday through Saturday to offer long-term care pharmacy services. We are available 24/7-365 days a year through an on-call system.
Medication Dispensing Systems
HomeTown Pharmacy LTC utilizes two styles of dispensing systems. Both creditable systems have each dose hermetically sealed for integrity, individually labeled and bar coded.
Both systems offer:
- Auto replenishing – The pharmacy will send out all routine medications monthly 2-4 days prior to the scheduled date of need.
- Re-order on demand – The dispensing system will contain a prompt for the staff to let them know only 4 days worth of the med are left. A reorder tag is pulled and transmitted to the pharmacy for filling.
- Cycle fill – Once a month the facility will receive a bulk shipment of their resident’s routine meds. New orders placed will be delivered as they are received at the pharmacy, but short filled so as to fall into the facility’s normal fill cycle.
HomeTown Pharmacy can provide an array of IV and compounding products to address your specialty needs.
Durable Medical Equipment Provider
HomeTown Pharmacy can provide you with your DME needs from diabetic supplies to wheel chairs to walkers. Our experienced billing departments can bill Medicare B. Please contact the pharmacy for more information.
Med Carts / Faxes Provided
Medication and treatment carts are provided by the pharmacy to meet your facility’s needs. Fax machines are provided for nursing station use.
Custom Medical Records & Training
HomeTown Pharmacy LTC provides customized medical records and onsite training of your staff in their use. Our medical record staff will work under the direction of the facility nursing administration for placement of specific items on the medical records. MAR’s, TAR’s and reports are customized to your needs.
Reliable Delivery Times
HomeTown Pharmacy LTC utilizes our own drivers and vehicles to deliver to facilities. A daily scheduled delivery occurs Monday thru Saturday. Sundays or additional deliveries occur as emergencies arise. Our drivers will check in orders against a delivery manifest with the assistance of facility personnel.