Website HomeTown Pharmacy
This position is a key corporate role designed to support Home Office and store level functions as well as educate pharmacies on appropriate pharmacy practices. In this position, a person must develop the skill sets required while respecting the notion that we work in a highly-regulated industry. This job demands a professional atmosphere along with a top quality customer service attitude. For this position, a person must be accurate, focused and detail/goal-oriented. They must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
The job expectations include the following :
- Knowledge of LTC pharmacy dispensing, data entry and billing functions. Licensing a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of Billing Department manual regarding processes & ethical practices.
- Ability to process electronic claims billing through effective navigation of rejections, rebilling, insurance companies, eligibility checks, secondary pay sources & prior authorizations.
- Ability to work with facilities and responsible parties to maintain patient profiles.
- Thorough understanding of all accounts receivable functions: mail handling, software processing, account posting, month-end closing, recognition & spearheading outstanding issues.
- The ability to support the collections function regarding bad debt accounts between pharmacy & patient or facility, including overdue account assessments and verification prior to involvement of formal collections or probate court.
- The ability to support Home Office in facilitating 340b programs with local hospitals
- The ability to support the contracting and compliance functions with health insurances, and as it relates to other pertinent pharmacy programs
- The ability to analyze, scrutinize & troubleshoot performance of pharmacy programs, with a desired willingness to prescribe corrective action or otherwise support the decision-makers
- An inherent tendency to enhance current tools, as well as build new tools, for program support
- Research and implementation of sound practices, clean-up exercises and system enhancements via training and special projects.
- Travel as needed to pharmacies and LTC facilities
- Attain specialization in assigned area(s) & assume leadership/accountability for “expert” role.
Required Skills :
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and listening.
- Ability to follow directions and established policies.
- Working knowledge of current pharmacy software system (QS1) as well as Microsoft Excel, Word & Power Point programs.
- Ability to learn new computer programs (prescription handling software, patient medical records, electronic document storage, electronic bill pay, accounts receivable processing, 340b)
- Superior organizational and prioritizing abilities; must be able to multi-task.
- Dedicated & dependable in a dynamic environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com