Website HomeTown Pharmacy
The Retail Pharmacy Manager plays a vital role in the operation of an independent community pharmacy. This position requires dedication and commitment to the success and culture of the HomeTown store. An understanding of the HTP Mission is both essential and valuable for this role. HTP is built on the commitment of serving others—customer, community, teammate and company. This person must be willing to do whatever job needs doing on a daily basis.
This job entails leadership, commitment, dedication, communication, empathy, and the overall understanding of both being a pharmacist and the running of a community pharmacy. The single most important skill required is Communication—Listening, Verbal and Written. The Pharmacy Manager will partner with the Operations Manager to co-manage the pharmacy team and work to set and meet goals for the overall store success. Responsible delegation of work is also a very vital key to the success of this role, as is always leading by example and nurturing/maintaining our HomeTown mission.
The job expectations and responsibilities of the Pharmacy Manager include the following:
· Must be a licensed Pharmacist
· All activities included on the Staff Pharmacist Job Description
· Must conduct Comprehensive Medication Reviews and other MTM activities effectively
· Must know how to operate, train and grow HomeTown’s medication synchronization program
· Must be certified to provide immunizations
· Responsible for overseeing the communication with the Specialty team for specialty medications
· Responsible for hiring/termination of pharmacy team (If Operations Manager in place, work with them to co-manage teammates)
· Review patient transfer report monthly
· Have accurate job descriptions and expectations in place for all pharmacy staff
· Create meaningful and timely pharmacy teammate Performance Reviews annually
· Responsible for Pharmacist scheduling
· Responsible for overseeing the training of pharmacy technicians
· Responsible for overseeing inventory management: vendor returns, interstore transfers, removing outdates, etc…
· Must know how to do every job in the pharmacy
· Should live within 30 minutes drive of store, and able to respond to afterhours calls
· Must have list of teammates and their phone numbers at home
· Responsible for the opening and closing of the pharmacy every day.
· Willing to respond to customers’ pharmacy needs whenever necessary, including days off
· Must be present for all store events and important/key activities
· Must have list of Pharmacists in pharmacy to call in case of an emergency
· Responsible for overseeing and maintaining the upkeep of the pharmacy
o General housekeeping to be completed by store team:
– Daily: empty trash, vacuum
– Weekly: clean bathrooms, dust shelves/fixtures
– As needed/requested: move products/boxes; run errands/make deliveries; face products on shelving
· Do whatever is deemed necessary for creating a friendly, caring, safe and happy pharmacy environment/culture for both customer and teammates.
· Have Fun and Be Positive Everyday!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com